One of the most important reasons I wrote my series of books for boys, and separately for girls, is to educate them about reproduction. From the first book written for 5-7 years old, through the next four books, I am carefully guiding their learning to achieve my mission.
- 5-7 years old – learn the structures
- 8-10 years old – begin to learn about puberty and why it happens
- 10+ – learn about hormones and how they finish the story on puberty
- 13+ – learn about the other half of the story: learn about boy puberty if you are a girl and girl puberty if you are a boy
- 15+ – your child is likely sexually mature by this age and should learn about conception, contraception, and STDs
I encourage small talks through the years as your child matures. By slowly progressing through the information in a casual way, the topic of reproduction becomes less uncomfortable and more natural.